Chicken Stir-Fry with Green Beans
Ingredients (Stir-Fry Sauce)
- Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil + a little extra
- 1 Tsp Minced Ginger
- As Many Green Beans as Your Heart Desires
- ~1 Cup Green Onions
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic (or until it smells garlicky)
- Red Pepper Flakes to Taste
- Combine 2 tsp cornstarch, 3 tbsp soy sauce, and 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Cut chicken into halves or quarters and add it to the bowl, making sure the liquid completely coats it.
- In a smaller bowl, combine 1 tbsp of honey, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, and 1/4 cup of sesame oil and stir well. Make sure the honey is completely incorporated, or else it will burn.
- Chop up your green onions and green beans if you need to at this point.
- Once the chicken is done, put some extra sesame oil in a pan and heat it for a few minutes before adding the chicken on medium-low heat.
- Mix the chicken around and flip it every so often to cook it evenly.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked, start to slowly add the honey sauce, mixing as you go.
- Once the chicken seems fully cooked, add ginger and green beans.
- Mix the green beans around until they're mostly cooked- a little soft, but not squishy.
- Once the green beans are mostly cooked, add the sesame seeds, green onions, pepper, and garlic. Mix as well as you can.
- Once the chicken feels pretty soft and everything else is cooked and incorporated, lower the heat to a simmer and serve over rice! I also topped mine with chow mein noodles.
- Enjoy :)
- I combined two recipes to make this one, they can be found here and here.
- NOTE: I sort of eyeballed a lot of these measurements. Seasonings especially can be done according to your heart. The sauce might have to be doubled, halved, or something else in order to account for however much chicken you have and however much space you have in your pan.