Rosemary Mozzarella Pull-Apart Bread
Ingredients (Garlic Butter)
- 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- As Much Fresh Mozzarella Cheese as Your Heart Desires
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Melted Butter
- 1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Combine yeast, sugar, water, and 1 cup of flour in a bowl and stir.
- Cover bowl with a towel and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour, salt, rosemary, and olive oil and stir.
- Once you have something resembling dough, lightly oil your hands and knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. Make sure it's smooth.
- Split the dough into about 12 pieces and roll them into balls.
- Open the balls and fill them with freshly shredded mozzarella cheese. Don't be stingy, and make sure you pinch them closed very well to avoid the cheese leaking in the oven.
- Put the balls in a lightly greased pan and cover with a towel. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 365 F / 185 C
- Combine egg and 1 tbsp of water to make an egg wash. Cover the balls in this mixture and put in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While it cooks, combine the butter, salt, garlic powder, pepper flakes, and parsely to make the garlic butter.
- While the bread rolls are still warm, brush the garlic butter generously on them.
- Enjoy :)
- Recipe taken + transcribed from mxriyum on TikTok. Original video here